Mark Bartiss M.D. of the Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Hello, my name is Dr. Mark Bartiss. I am founder and medical director of the Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine more commonly referred to as ICAM. Welcome to our practice and website.
I am sure you will find us informative, educational, interesting, and at times amusing. I would like to preface any further with this statement.
I repeat myself several times and for a reason. I may have the same article on several sections on the site.
I know that although redundancy is boring (and for me, frustrating and annoying). I feel that the more you read something, the more likely it will be that you will understand, retain and use that information.
I aspire to put out as much valuable information as I can to help you and other medical practitioners aware of options in health care. I hope to stimulate your mind, pass this information on to others and hope that you will ultimately become an informed consumer of your own healthcare. Only by knowing that you have “options”, can you make an educated decision as to the path you choose. Don’t put your total healthcare into the hands of your physician; Become a member of your own healthcare team. You don’t have to be the coach, or even the quarterback; Just don’t sit on the bench!
I don’t claim to have all the answers nor did I “invent” or develop these techniques and therapies I share with you. I am simply the messenger; teacher and coach to help you get started on the path to optimal health.
So now get out there and ask the questions you have to your physicians and other medical providers. You not only have the privilege and the right to know more about your medical care and treatment options, you have an obligation to be part of that decision making process!
REMEMBER: The ONLY stupid question is the one you didn’t ask!
Dr. Bartiss has often been referred to as a “doctor’s doctor” and is frequently called upon for his diagnostic skills. He is founder and Medical Director of ICAM and a member of the American College for the Advancement of Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, and American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Bartiss is a medical writer, lecturer and author and is recognized as a top ten specialist in the field of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). He is also one of the world’s leading authorities in the use of Intravenous Colchicine for the treatment and cure of Disabling Disc Disease and Related Spinal Pathologies.
Dr. Bartiss manages patients of all ages with varying medical conditions and complaints. He has achieved a greater than 85% success rate in regards to patient satisfaction, resolution of symptoms, improved health and longevity. Many patients travel from distant counties and other states to consult with Dr. Bartiss which was the stimulus for him to set up two other offices in northern New Jersey. Common conditions dealt within his offices are: ADD/ADHD/Autism, Memory Disorders, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Disc Disease, Emotional Disorders, Chronic Pain, Hormone Imbalances, Hypothyroidism, Cardiac Diseases, Nutritional Deficiencies, Sleep Disorders, and Anti-Aging Therapies.
Dr. Bartiss has developed a program coined “HEART” which involves balancing hormones through addressing the endocrine and nervous system thus providing anti-aging therapies that will restore youth and bring longevity to your life. All programs are tailor made and catered to each individual’s needs, desires, and financial capabilities. At times, a holistic approach involves the use of conventional therapies and prescription medications in addition to lifestyle changes and other natural approaches.
- Regis College-Denver, Colorado – Pre-med
- SUNY at Brockport – Pre-med
- Kirkwood College/ Univ. of Iowa – Orthopedic Physicians Assistant
- MEDICAL SCHOOL:
- UNE Tampico, Mexico – Didactive Studies
- Jamaica Hospital – Jamaica, NY
- Chicago Hospitals – Chicago, IL
- SUNY at Downstate – Brooklyn, NY/Clinical Studies
- Maimonides Hospital – Brooklyn, NY
- Saint Joseph’s Hospital – Yonkers, NY
- Saint Joseph’s Hospital – Yonkers, NY/CHIEF RESIDENT IN FAMILY PRACTICE
To deliver the best health care to everyone I touch. To listen without conviction. To encourage and teach the practices of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. To complete my book on the use of Intravenous Colchicine in the treatment of back disorders and to be the country’s leading authority in this medical modality. To write a book entitled “SARCASM- A Line For Every Occasion”
- American Academy of Family Practice
- American College for the Advancement in Medicine (ACAM)
- American Academy of Ozone Therapists (AAO)
- Board Certified in Chelation Therapy
- Certified in SottoPelle Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Certified in Mesotherapy- Bissoon Institute For Complementary And Alternative Medicine
- Certified in CAPT testing and Treatment for ADD/ADHD/LD/Brain Injury
- Certified in IVA Testing and Interpretation ADD/ADHD advanced testing
- Americas Top Doctors in FP and CAM 2004-2005-2006 by Consumers Research Council of America
- First International Teachers in Family Medicine Research Award 1990— Diagnosing Early MI With Rapid Sequential EKG’s